Dec 06, 2023
The Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity program is designed to provide organizations with individuals who can critically analyze, plan, implement, and update security solutions in organizations to meet the business needs of customers and/or the organization infrastructure, while understanding the importance of critical thinking, teamwork, and problem-solving. Students are required to earn a minimum grade of “C” in all major courses.
Through completion of the Bachelor of Science in Information Technology program, students will:
- Secure a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet business needs.
- Analyze a problem and identify and define the security risks and requirements appropriate to its solution.
- Apply mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, cryptography, and computing theory in the modeling and design of security solutions for software or system architecture.
- Apply design and development principles in the construction of secure software systems of varying complexity.
- Demonstrate comprehension of the tradeoffs involved in the application of security.
- Gather evidence and plan an appropriate response to a cybersecurity attack on a system or organization.
- Apply current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for cyber defense within an organization.
- Analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations, and society.
- Describe professional, ethical, legal, security, and social issues and responsibilities related to computing.
- Demonstrate appropriate written and oral communication of technology concepts to a wide audience.
- Perform effectively on a team to accomplish a common goal.
- Recognize the need for and an ability to engage in continuing professional development.
The Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity degree program is currently offered Online.
BS Cybersecurity Curriculum: 184.5 Credits
Area I - Core Curriculum: 73 Credits
- Approved Humanities Electives Credits: 9
- Approved Social Science Electives Credits: 13.5
Area II - Major Curriculum: 111.5 Credits
(A minimum grade of C is required in all major courses)