This graduate program is designed for those qualified individuals who wish to continue their academic credentials in the field of computer science and artificial intelligence. The program requires successful completion of 60 total quarter credit hours and is designed to be delivered in an online format. The required coursework focuses on current and projected models for true machine intelligence including project-based application.
The Master of Science in Computer Science with Concentration in Artificial Intelligence program is designed to prepare students with a computer science background for entry level employment in the expanding field of AI. The goal of the program is to provide organizations with individuals who are proficient in machine learning including adaptive algorithms, heuristic optimization, distributed intelligence, and data-driven discovery.
Graduates completing the program will accomplish the following outcomes:
- Analyze algorithmic solutions to logic problems based on scalable data processing and operational run time.
- Construct software solutions to business problems using advanced data structures, programming logic, and algorithms.
- Describe programming problems using automata and state-based logic diagrams.
- Apply machine learning and large-scale data collection to train or construct artificial intelligence solutions to business, individual, or societal needs.
- Research computing problems and apply the latest technology and published findings to provide better solutions.
- Apply theory, research, and practice to a selected project and prepare a software solution.
Applicants interested in any Master of Science program offered within the School of Computer Science and Engineering are required to meet individually, either in person or via telephone, with an admissions representative and program faculty to discuss the program and all requirements.
Applicants must provide a completed South College application for admission and application to the program. Those selected for admission will provide the following:
- Evidence of completion of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education in computer science, information technology, information systems, or a closely related field OR evidence of completion of a bachelor’s degree in any field with a completed certificate program or qualifying bootcamp evidencing significant experience in the discipline of computer science or information technology;
- Evidence of a cumulative 3.0 undergraduate grade point average for admittance OR evidence of a cumulative 2.50 undergraduate grade point average for conditional admittance.
Students accepted for conditional admittance are permitted to take no more than three courses in the Master of Science program. If a 3.0 graduate grade point average is achieved in the three courses, full admittance will be granted. Applicants not possessing a minimum 2.50 grade point average at the institution awarding the bachelor’s degree may include all undergraduate coursework from other institutions in the grade point average calculation. If the applicant has a minimum 2.50 grade point average for all undergraduate coursework, the applicant will be granted conditional admittance.
The Master of Science in Computer Science w/Concentration in Artificial Intelligence program is offered Online.