2020-2022 Catalog Volume XXX Ver 3
2020-2022 Catalog Volume XXX Ver 3
2020-2022 Catalog Volume XXX Version 3
Main Campus - 3904 Lonas Drive, Knoxville, Tennessee 37909
Parkside Learning Site - 400 Goody’s Lane, Knoxville, Tennessee 37922
Asheville Learning Site - 140 Sweeten Creek Road, Asheville, North Carolina 28803
Nashville Learning Site - 616 Marriott Drive, Nashville, Tennessee 37214
Atlanta Learning Site - 2600 Century Parkway NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30345
Indianapolis Learning Site - 301 Pennsylvania Parkway, Indianapolis, IN 46280
Orlando Learning Site - 4901 Vineland Rd, Suite 140, Orlando, FL 32811
This catalog is an information book and reference guide for the institution’s academic programs, courses, policies, and procedures. Students are subject to the rules and regulations of the current catalog regardless of their original quarter of enrollment. The catalog, or any subsidiary handbook, is not intended as a contract between the student and the institution. This catalog is available online at www.south.edu. Alternative formats of this publication are available upon request. For more information, contact the Department of Admissions.
While the provisions of this catalog will ordinarily be applied as stated, the college reserves the right to change any provision/contents listed in this catalog, including but not limited to, academic requirements for graduation, without actual notice to individual students. Every effort will be made to keep students advised of any changes. Information on changes will be available in the office of the Registrar. It is especially important that students note that it is their responsibility to keep apprised of current graduation requirements for their particular program.
All academic information in this catalog applies to all South College campuses unless stated otherwise.
Additional specific information and policies relating to particular programs not included in the catalog can be found in the handbooks for these programs, which may be obtained from the Program Director or Dean/Chair for the program.
Each term a Schedule of Classes is made available to students. The Schedule includes all courses to be offered during the term, as well as times and locations. Not all courses listed in the catalog are offered each term. Students should be aware that courses may be offered in a variety of combined instructional modalities including (but not limited to) onground, online, blended/hybrid, and clinical/internship/externship/practicum/fieldwork/student teaching formats. Some programs may have limited program delivery options. Please see your Academic Advisor for additional information.
South College is an equal opportunity college open to any qualified individual without regard to race, religion, sex, age, color, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, or disability. Pursuant to all applicable federal anti-discrimination laws, including Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and regulations, South College does not discriminate against any of the protected categories of individuals in the administration of policies, programs, or activities. This nondiscrimination policy includes admission policies, loan programs, employment practices, and all other college-administered programs. The following individuals are charged with ensuring South College’s compliance with these laws: Dean of Academic & Student Services (Main Campus & Parkside Learning Site) 3904 Lonas Drive, Knoxville, TN 37909, Phone: 865-293-4576; Dean of Academic and Student Services (Asheville Learning Site), 140 Sweeten Creek Road, Asheville, NC 28803, Phone: (828) 398-2566; Dean of Academic and Student Services (Nashville Learning Site), 616 Marriott Drive, Suite 550, Nashville, TN 37214, Phone: (629) 802-3015; Dean of Academic and Student Services (Atlanta Learning Site), 2600 Century Parkway NE Suite 110, Atlanta GA 30345, Phone (470) 322-1200; Dean of Academics (Online), 3904 Lonas Drive, Knoxville, TN 37909, Phone (912) 272-8256.
Summary of Catalog Updates:
- 9/24/21: The 2021-2022 Tuition and Fee Table was updated in the Financial Information section. Information relating to the Orlando Learning Site was added including state licensure information, refund policy identification, grievance procedures, and programs offered at this site.
- 9/20/21: The Surgical Technology, AS (Knoxville) program’s CAAHEP accreditation status was updated in the Accreditation and Authorizations section. The Medical Assisting, Certificate (Nashville) program’s accreditation status was updated in the Accreditation and Authorizations section.
- 8/24/21: The Dental Hygiene, AS program’s CODA accreditation status was updated in the Accreditation and Authorizations section.
- 8/12/21: The Information Technology Specialist, Certificate program was added.
- 7/23/21: Readmissions Policies were updated for the Dental Hygiene, AS program.
- 7/22/21: School of Physician Assistant Studies (Knoxville & Atlanta) pre-requisite course change for class admitted Fall 2022, See School of Physician Assistant Studies .
- 7/13/21: The Electrical Engineering Technology, BS program was added to the catalog.
- 6/30/21 The Accounting, MS program was added to the catalog.
- 6/16/21 The Academic Progression and Retention in the PTA Major section of the Physical Therapist Assistant, AS program was revised to remove the test average requirement.
- 6/10/21 Curriculum updates were made to the Pharmacy, PharmD program that is effective for students entering Summer 2021 or later.
- 6/3/21: Admission requirements updated for the Health Science (Post-PTA), BS program.
- 6/1/21: Course descriptions were updated for RAD 1345 , RAD 1355 & RAD 1455 .
- 5/19/21: The Social Science requirement in the Dental Hygiene, BS program has been changed from a Sociology elective to allow any Social Science elective to be chosen.
- 5/18/21: Required observation hours for admission to the Physical Therapist Assistant, AS program changed to sixteen (16) hours.
- 5/6/21: Course number change (NSG1125 to NSG1126) applied to the Practical Nursing, Certificate (Atlanta) .
- 5/4/21: Admission requirement of interviewing with Program Director is no longer required for the Ministry, Doctor and Ministry, Master programs.
- 4/28/21: Complaint and Grievance Procedures and Appeal Process sections updated. See Student Services .
- 4/1/21: School of Physician Assistant Studies (Knoxville & Atlanta) pre-requisite course change for class admitted Fall 2021, See School of Physician Assistant Studies .