The mission of the Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering Technology program is to advanced student study in the field of electrical engineering. The curriculum is designed to provide a solid theoretical foundation in electric circuits, digital techniques, control systems, communications systems, microprocessors, and microcontrollers. The hands-on experience of using measurement tools and engineering software will enable student to integrate into the modern industrial environment.
Graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering Technology program will accomplish the following outcomes:
- Identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- Apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- Recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- Perform effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- Develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze, and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- Acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.